This monument is Not
visible from the road. It is located at
N 34° 55.0662 W 85° 15.7494.
Parking is available on Dyer Road
N 34° 55.0803 W 85° 15.7648
To reach this monument:
This monument is in a wooded area on the west side of the split rail fence that enclosed the Brotherton Field. The monument can be access from a path that runs along the west side of the fence.
Other nearby monuments on the Battle of Chickamauga Battlefield.
This monument is recorded in the National Park Service database as structure
This monument was built in 1899. It is a 2'6" x 1'2" x 2'6" high rectangular slab of dark Quincy granite. Rock-faced sides; polished & inscribed front. "Illinois" is in large raised letters on beveled top. Marks unit's position at 11:00 a.m. on Sept. 20, 1863.
This page originally submitted by Byron Hooks of Sandy Springs, GA, on August 08, 2014. This page has been viewed 169 time(s) since then. This page has been updated 0 time(s) since then.
BG Hooks was the editor who published this page on August 08, 2014.
Photos: 1, 2, 3 were submitted on 08/08/2014 by Byron Hooks.