This monument is Not
visible from the road. It is located at
N 34° 55.1664 W 85° 15.7422.
Parking is available on Poe Road
N 34° 55.2661 W 85° 15.6821
To reach this monument:
A path paralleling Lafayette Rd runs between tour stop 3 and the Brotherton House at the intersection of Lafayette Rd and Dyer Rd. This monument is accessible from either direction but is closer to the Poe Rd.
Other nearby monuments on the Battle of Chickamauga Battlefield.
Other monuments to the 82nd Indiana Infantry Regiment on the battlefield
This monument is recorded in the National Park Service database as structure
This monument was erected in 1898. This standard Indiana marker consists of a 4' x 4' x 4'8" high rock-faced oolitic stone block with a peaked top and a 12" x 18" bronze plaque affixed to its front. Marks battery's position at south end of Poe Field.
This page originally submitted by Byron Hooks of Sandy Springs, GA, on August 07, 2014. This page has been viewed 55 time(s) since then. This page has been updated 0 time(s) since then.
BG Hooks was the editor who published this page on August 07, 2014.
Photos: 1, 2, 3 were submitted on 08/07/2014 by Byron Hooks.