This monument is
visible from the road. It is located at
N 34° 54.242 W 85° 15.666.
Parking is available on LaFayette Road
N 34° 54.2676 W 85° 15.6875
To reach this monument:
Parking is available on the west side of Lafayette road, Tour Stop 5, there is a cross walk here. Parking is also available on Viniard Road.
Marker is on LaFayette Road north of Viniard Road, on the right when traveling north. This monument is located in the national park that preserves the site of the Chickamauga Battlefield, and is one of a number of Union monuments, markers, and tablets that are situated near the site of the battle era, log school house
Other nearby monuments on the Battle of Chickamauga Battlefield.
Other monuments to the 25th Illinois Infantry Regiment on the battlefield
This monument is recorded in the National Park Service database as structure
This is a standard Illinois marker built in 1898. It is a 2'6" x 1'2" x 2'6" high rectangular slab of dark Quincy granite. Rock-faced sides; polished & inscribed front. "Illinois" is in large raised letters on beveled top. It marker the units location in September 19, 1863, from 1 PM until 4 pm.
This page originally submitted by Byron Hooks of Sandy Springs, GA, on February 08, 2019. This page has been viewed 10 time(s) since then. This page has been updated 0 time(s) since then.
BG Hooks was the editor who published this page on February 09, 2019.
Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4 were submitted on 02/08/2019 by Byron Hooks.