This monument is Not
visible from the road. It is located at
N 34° 54.273 W 85° 15.645.
Parking is available on LaFayette Road
N 34° 54.2676 W 85° 15.6875
To reach this monument:
Parking is available on the west side of Lafayette road, tour stop 5. A cross walk is located near the parking area. Parking is also available on Viniard Road.
Marker can be reached from LaFayette Road north of Viniard Road, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. This monument is located in the national park that preserves the site of the Chickamauga Battlefield, and is one of a number of monuments, markers, and tablets that are situated near the site of the battle era, log school house.
Other nearby monuments on the Battle of Chickamauga Battlefield.
Other monuments to the 15th Georgia Infantry Regiment on the battlefield
This monument is recorded in the National Park Service database as structure
This is a standard Georgia marker, built between 1898 and 1899. The marker is a rock-faced, peaked-top granite slab, 4'6" wide x 6' high x 1'8" thick, that carries an inscription, with a cartridge box carved in relief above it. It marks the unit’s location in September 19, 1863 at 4 pm.
This page originally submitted by Byron Hooks of Sandy Springs, GA, on January 30, 2019. This page has been viewed 145 time(s) since then. This page has been updated 0 time(s) since then.
BG Hooks was the editor who published this page on January 30, 2019.
Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4 were submitted on 01/30/2019 by Byron Hooks.