This monument is
visible from the road. It is located at
N 34° 54.290 W 85° 15.677.
Parking is available on LaFayette Road
N 34° 54.2676 W 85° 15.6875
To reach this monument:
Parking is available on the west side of Lafayette road, tour stop 5. A cross walk is located near the parking area.
Marker is on LaFayette Road north of Viniard Road, on the right when traveling north. This monument is located in the national park that preserves the site of the Chickamauga Battlefield, and is one of a number of Union monuments, markers, and tablets that are situated near the site of the battle era, log school house.
Other nearby monuments on the Battle of Chickamauga Battlefield.
Other monuments to the 35th Illinois Infantry Regiment on the battlefield
This monument is recorded in the National Park Service database as structure
This is a standard Illinois marker built in 1898. It is a 2'6" x 1'2" x 2'6" high rectangular slab of dark Quincy granite. Rock-faced sides; polished & inscribed front. "Illinois" is in large raised letters on beveled top. It marker the units location in September 19, 1863 from 1 pm unbtil 4 pm.
This page originally submitted by Byron Hooks of Sandy Springs, GA, on January 29, 2019. This page has been viewed 140 time(s) since then. This page has been updated 0 time(s) since then.
BG Hooks was the editor who published this page on January 29, 2019.
Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4 were submitted on 01/29/2019 by Byron Hooks.