This monument is
visible from the road. It is located at
N 34° 54.302 W 85° 15.684.
Parking is available on LaFayette Road
N 34° 54.252 W 85° 15.6876
To reach this monument:
Pull out on west side of LaFayette Road.
Marker is on LaFayette Road 0.1 miles north of Viniard-Alexander Road, on the right when traveling north. This historical marker is located in the national park that preserves the site of the Chickamauga Battlefield, along the east side of LaFayette Road.
Other nearby monuments on the Battle of Chickamauga Battlefield.
Other monuments to the 17th Georgia Infantry Regiment on the battlefield
This monument is recorded in the National Park Service database as structure
This is a standard Georgia marker, built between 1898 and 1899. The marker is a rock-faced, peaked-top granite slab, 4'6" wide x 6' high x 1'8" thick, that carries an inscription, with a cartridge box carved in relief above it. It marks the unit’s location on September 19, 1863 at 4:00 P.M.
By Byron Hooks, on 2011/05/11 10:46:48
3. 17th Georgia Infantry Marker
View of the monument looking southeast, towards the line of Georgia Regimental monuments and the Confederate Brigade tablet, that this monument is a part of.
This page originally submitted by Byron Hooks of Sandy Springs, GA, on November 25, 2018. This page has been viewed 66 time(s) since then. This page has been updated 0 time(s) since then.
BG Hooks was the editor who published this page on November 27, 2018.
Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4 were submitted on 11/25/2018 by Byron Hooks.