Beatty's Brigade Van Cleve’s Division, Crittenden’s Corps. Brig. Gen. Samuel Beatty. Sept. 20, 1863, Afternoon
|79th Indiana, ||Col. Frederick Knefler |
|9th Kentucky, ||Col. George H. Cram. |
|17th Kentucky, ||Col. Alexander M. Stout. |
|19th Ohio, ||Lieut. Col. Henry G. Stratton. |
About 12:30 P.M. parts of the 9th and
17th Kentucky under their commanding officers with officers and men of the 19th Ohio and 79th Indiana in all from 33o to 360 men were rallied at and near this point and with other troops held this position until withdrawn about dark.
This monument is
visible from the road. It is located at
N 34° 55.6289 W 85° 16.0714.
Parking is available on Vittetoe Road
N 34° 55.6517 W 85° 16.1244
Other nearby monuments on the Battle of Chickamauga Battlefield.
Other monuments to the S. Beatty's Brigade on the battlefield
This monument is recorded in the National Park Service database as structure
This plaque is blue indicating that it is for a Federal Unit.
This page originally submitted by Byron Hooks of Sandy Springs, GA, on February 12, 2015. This page has been viewed 119 time(s) since then. This page has been updated 3 time(s) since then.
The page was last updated by Byron Hooks of Sandy Springs, GA, on October 10, 2018.
BG Hooks was the editor who published this page on February 12, 2015.
Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4 were submitted on 02/12/2015 by Byron Hooks.