Johnson's Division - Longstreet's Corps.
Colonel John S. Fulton.
Sept. 20, 1963, 1:30 P.M.
||Lieut. Col. Watt W. Floyd.
||Col. R. H. Keeble.
||Lieut. Col. R. B. Snowden.
||Maj. G. M. Crawford.
|York's Georgia Battery,
||Lieut. William S. Everett.
The Brigade advanced from the crest between this position and the Dyer Field and formed on this line about 1:30 with Gregg's (Sugg's) Brigade on its right. The two Brigades followed by Dent's and York's Batteries the former of six and the latter of three guns
gained the summit of the spurs without opposition. For the final movement of this command see the Brigade and Battery tablets on the crest.
This monument is
visible from the road. It is located at
N 34° 55.393 W 85° 16.525.
Parking is available on Chickamauga-Vittatoe Road
To reach this monument:
Marker is on Chickamauga-Vittatoe Road south of Lytle Road, on the left when traveling south.
Other nearby monuments on the Battle of Chickamauga Battlefield.
This monument is recorded in the National Park Service database as structure
The plaques on the Chickamauga Battlefield were installed by the War Department in 1890. This plaque is red indicating it is for a Confederate unit. Plaques are listed in the NPS List of Classified Structures as a batch input, Structure Number HS-Batch-3.
This page originally submitted by Byron Hooks of Sandy Springs, GA, on September 27, 2018. This page has been viewed 60 time(s) since then. This page has been updated 0 time(s) since then.
BG Hooks was the editor who published this page on September 28, 2018.
Photos: 1, 2, 3 were submitted on 09/27/2018 by Byron Hooks.