This monument is
visible from the road. It is located at
N 34° 55.6666 W 85° 16.1525.
Parking is available on Vittetoe Road
N 34° 55.6688 W 85° 16.1432
To reach this monument:
This marker to the 74th Indiana Infantry is located in the northwest section of the Chickamauga National Military Park, along a ridge called Snodgrass Hill. To view this historical marker drive to the parking area on Snodgrass Hill and the monument can be seen situated, along a walking trail, just west of the parking lot.
Other nearby monuments on the Battle of Chickamauga Battlefield.
Other monuments to the 74th Indiana Infantry Regiment on the battlefield
This monument is recorded in the National Park Service database as structure
This standard Indiana regimental marker, built in 1898, consists of a 4' x 4' x 4'8" high rock-faced oolitic stone block with a peaked top and a 12" x 18" bronze plaque affixed to its front. It marker the units location on September 20, 1863 from 6 P.M. to 7.30 P.M.
This page originally submitted by Byron Hooks of Sandy Springs, GA, on July 24, 2018. This page has been viewed 9 time(s) since then. This page has been updated 0 time(s) since then.
BG Hooks was the editor who published this page on July 24, 2018.
Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4 were submitted on 07/24/2018 by Byron Hooks.