This monument is
visible from the road. It is located at
N 34° 55.783 W 85° 16.035.
Parking is available on Vittetoe Rd
N 34° 55.758 W 85° 16.074
To reach this monument:
To view this monument drive to the parking area in front of the Snodgrass House (tour stop 8) and the monument can be seen situated just to the east of the Snodgrass House.
Other nearby monuments on the Battle of Chickamauga Battlefield.
This monument is recorded in the National Park Service database as structure
This is a standard Ohio marker, built in 1894. It is a 1'6" x 1'6" x 3' high granite obelisk with a raised letter inscription. It marker the units location on September 20, 1863, 4:00 P.M. to 6:00 P.M.
This page originally submitted by Byron Hooks of Sandy Springs, GA, on July 17, 2018. This page has been viewed 79 time(s) since then. This page has been updated 1 time(s) since then.
The page was last updated by Byron Hooks of Sandy Springs, GA, on July 19, 2018.
BG Hooks was the editor who published this page on July 17, 2018.
Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4 were submitted on 07/17/2018 by Byron Hooks.