This monument is
visible from the road. It is located at
N 34° 55.7896 W 85° 16.004.
Parking is available on Vittetoe Rd
N 34° 55.758 W 85° 16.074
To reach this monument:
To view this monument drive to the parking area in front of the Snodgrass House (tour stop 8) and the monument can be seen situated just to the east of the Snodgrass House.
Other nearby monuments on the Battle of Chickamauga Battlefield.
Other monuments to the 44th Indiana Infantry Regiment on the battlefield
This monument is recorded in the National Park Service database as structure
This standard Indiana regimental marker, built in 1898, consists of a 4' x 4' x 4'8" high rock-faced oolitic stone block with a peaked top and a 12" x 18" bronze plaque affixed to its front. It marker the units location on September 20th from 2 pm until 5 pm.
This page originally submitted by Byron Hooks of Sandy Springs, GA, on June 25, 2018. This page has been viewed 9 time(s) since then. This page has been updated 0 time(s) since then.
BG Hooks was the editor who published this page on June 25, 2018.
Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4 were submitted on 06/25/2018 by Byron Hooks.