Monument

Dyer House

Battle of Chickamauga



Dyer House Sign, click photo to enlarge.
By Byron Hooks, on 2011/03/02 15:19:41
1. Dyer House Sign
 

Inscription:
Dyer House



Dyer House Sign, click photo to enlarge.
By Byron Hooks, on 2011/03/02 15:19:34
2. Dyer House Sign
 


Classification
Allegiance: Not applicable
Type: Sign (Structure)
Level: Landmark
Military Arm: None Selected




Location of the monument:
This monument is visible from the road. It is located at N 34° 55.0325  W 85° 16.1084. Map it

Parking is available on Dyer Road near  N 34° 55.6353  W 85° 16.1248 .
Small 3 place lot.



Other nearby monuments on the Battle of Chickamauga Battlefield.

There are 15 monuments nearby.

Hospital, 1st Division, 14th Corps Tablet (MT-449) (a few steps from this marker) ; Longstreet's Headquarters Shell Monument (MT-450) (about 127 feet away) ; Route of the Union Right Interpretative Sign (approx. 0.2 miles away) ; Rout of the Union Right (approx. 0.2 miles away) ; 19th Illinois Infantry Regiment Marker (MT-688A) (approx. 0.2 miles away) ; Dyer Cemetery (approx. 0.3 miles away) ; 35th Indiana Infantry Regiment Marker (MT-798) (approx. 0.3 miles away) ; 7th Indiana Battery Marker (MT-742) (approx. 0.3 miles away) ; Dent's Alabama Battery Tablet (MT-1240) (approx. 0.3 miles away) ; Barnes’ Brigade Tablet (MT-542) (approx. 0.3 miles away) ; 21th Ohio Infantry Regiment Marker (MT-976.) (approx. 0.3 miles away) ; 41st Ohio Infantry Regiment Marker (MT-1000) (approx. 0.3 miles away) ; 74th Ohio Infantry Regiment Monument (MT-1015) (approx. 0.3 miles away) ; S. Beatty's Brigade Tablet (MT-551) (approx. 0.3 miles away) ; 8th Kansas Volunteer Infantry Marker (MT-859) (approx. 0.3 miles away) . Map all of the Monuments on the battlefield.






NPS/SIRIS Data:
This monument is recorded in the National Park Service database as structure MT-423T.



Comments about this monument:
This sign indicates the location of the Dyer House. The house no longer stands.

The Dyer House outbuildings were used by the 1st Division, 14th Corps Union Army as a field hospital on September 19, 1863.



Credits:

This page originally submitted by Byron Hooks of Sandy Springs, GA, on August 10, 2014. This page has been viewed 114 time(s) since then. This page has been updated 1 time(s) since then. The page was last updated by Byron Hooks of Sandy Springs, GA, on July 29, 2017. BG Hooks was the editor who published this page on August 10, 2014. Photos: 1, 2 were submitted on 08/10/2014 by Byron Hooks.


Resources