This monument is
visible from the road. It is located at
N 34° 55.6676 W 85° 15.4634.
Parking is available on Battleline Road
To reach this monument:
There is a directional sign on the west side of Battleline Road directing you to the shell monument.
Other nearby monuments on the Battle of Chickamauga Battlefield.
This is a standard Memorial shell monument indicating the location of a where a officer was wounded / killed. The monument was designed by E. E. Betts and constructed between 1893 and 1895. This shell monument is 14'10" per side at base and 10' high, the monument consists of a pyramid of cannonballs set in cement & painted black, resting on a triangular molded limestone base. Attached to pyramid is a painted metal plaque identifying the site.
This page originally submitted by Byron Hooks of Sandy Springs, GA, on July 16, 2017. This page has been viewed 23 time(s) since then. This page has been updated 0 time(s) since then.
BG Hooks was the editor who published this page on July 16, 2017.
Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4 were submitted on 07/16/2017 by Byron Hooks.