Negley’s Division, Thomas’ Corps.
Brig. Gen. John Beatty.
Sept. 20, 1863, 8 A.M.
||Lieut. Col. Douglas Hapeman.
||Lieut. Col. Wm. T. B. McIIntyre.
||Col. George Humphrey.
||Col. Marion C Taylor.
|Bridges Illinois Battery,
||Capt. Lyman bridges.
About 8 A.M. this Brigade arrived from its position in the Dyer field as the reserve for Negley’s Division and went into line on the left of Dodge’s Brigade its left extending across the Lafayette road. About 8:30 A.M. it was ordered to advance its left
to the high ground near or around the McDonald House.
This monument is
visible from the road. It is located at
N 34° 56.1038 W 85° 15.5561.
Parking is available on Vittetoe Rd
N 34° 56.1604 W 85° 15.5831
To reach this monument:
The marker is on Layayette near the intersection of the Layayette and Vittetoe Roads. Layayette Road is heavily traveled. It is much safer to park on the side of Vittetoe Rd. and walk back to the tablet.
Other nearby monuments on the Battle of Chickamauga Battlefield.
This monument is recorded in the National Park Service database as structure
This plaque is blue indicating it is a Federal (USA) unit. Plaques are listed in the NPS List of Classified Structures as a batch input, Structure Number HS-Batch-3.
This page originally submitted by Byron Hooks of Sandy Springs, GA, on September 01, 2016. This page has been viewed 105 time(s) since then. This page has been updated 1 time(s) since then.
The page was last updated by Byron Hooks of Sandy Springs, GA, on July 11, 2017.
BG Hooks was the editor who published this page on September 01, 2016.
Photos: 1, 2, 3 were submitted on 09/01/2016 by Byron Hooks.