At 10 A.M. Adam’s Brigade having routed the troops in its front with its left on the Lafayette Road Stovall’s Brigade in line on its left moved toward the Kelly field under a constant artillery fire pushing John Beatty’s Brigade before it. It next encountered
Stanley’s Brigade which advanced to the support of Beatty. Finally after having passed beyond the Union left and reaching a point in the woods nearly opposite the center of the Kelly field it was checked by the assistance of Van DeVeer’s Brigade, Goodspeed’s
Battery and other troops which appeared on its flank in the Kelly field. Together with Stovall’s Brigade it retired to its early position north and east of the Kelly field.
This monument is
visible from the road. It is located at
N 34° 56.3769 W 85° 15.5449.
Other nearby monuments on the Battle of Chickamauga Battlefield.
This monument is recorded in the National Park Service database as structure
The plaques on the Chickamauga Battlefield were installed by the War Department in 1890. This plaque is red indicating it is for a Confederate unit.
This page originally submitted by Byron Hooks of Sandy Springs, GA, on July 07, 2017. This page has been viewed 88 time(s) since then. This page has been updated 0 time(s) since then.
BG Hooks was the editor who published this page on July 07, 2017.
Photos: 1, 2 were submitted on 07/07/2017 by Byron Hooks.