Captain William W. Andrew, Commanding.
Third Brigade (Turchin).
Fourth Division (Reynolds).
Fourteenth Corps (Thomas).
September 19th, 1863, this Battery went into action northeast of the Poe House, and fired 180 rounds. At 3 P.M., was moved near to Brock Field and took position, and went into action, firing case and canister until about 4:30 P.M., when the Brigade withdrew.
September 20th, went into position at this point and was engaged for several hours, after which moved a short distance to the rear and was engaged until 2 P.M., when it was ordered to the rear and out of action.
This monument is
visible from the road. It is located at
N 34° 55.526 W 85° 15.4357.
Parking is available on Battleline Road
Other nearby monuments on the Battle of Chickamauga Battlefield.
Other monuments to the 21st Indiana Artillery Company/Battery on the battlefield
This monument is recorded in the National Park Service database as structure
This page originally submitted by Byron Hooks of Sandy Springs, GA, on June 01, 2017. This page has been viewed 69 time(s) since then. This page has been updated 1 time(s) since then.
The page was last updated by Byron Hooks of Sandy Springs, GA, on June 13, 2017.
BG Hooks was the editor who published this page on June 01, 2017.
Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4 were submitted on 06/01/2017 by Byron Hooks.