This monument is
visible from the road. It is located at
N 34° 53.0136 W 85° 16.1013.
The monument is located outside of the park.
Parking is available on Lee-Gordon Mill Circle
N 34° 53.0017 W 85° 16.1046
Other nearby monuments on the Battle of Chickamauga Battlefield.
This monument is recorded in the National Park Service database as structure
This is a standard Illinois marker built in 1898. It is a 2'6" x 1'2" x 2'6" high rectangular slab of dark Quincy granite. Rock-faced sides; polished & inscribed front. "Illinois" is in large raised letters on beveled top. Marks unit's position from 5:00 p.m. 9/19/1863 to 3:30 a.m. 9/20/1863.
This page originally submitted by Byron Hooks of Sandy Springs, GA, on May 19, 2017. This page has been viewed 6 time(s) since then. This page has been updated 0 time(s) since then.
BG Hooks was the editor who published this page on May 19, 2017.
Photos: 1, 2 were submitted on 05/19/2017 by Byron Hooks.