Wood's Division - Crittenden's Corps.
Colonel George P. Buell.
Sept. 20, 1863.
100th Illinois - Colonel Frederick A. Bartleson.
58th Indiana - Lieutenant Colonel James T. Embree.
13th Michigan - Colonel Joshua B. Culver.
26th Ohio - Lieutenant Colonel William H. Young.
8th Indiana Battery - Captain George Estep.
The Brigade with its Division occupied the vicinity of Lee and Gordon's Mill from the evening of September 11th until 2:30 P.M. of the 19th. At that hour, the command received orders to move north on the LaFayette road at double quick. Upon reaching Viniard's
house it immediately went into the action which had been in progress in that vicinity since one o'clock P.M.
[UL]No. 21-A [UR] U
This monument is
visible from the road. It is located at
N 34° 52.9747 W 85° 16.1363.
The monument is located outside of the park.
Parking is available on Lee-Gordon Mill Circle
N 34° 53.0017 W 85° 16.1046
Other nearby monuments on the Battle of Chickamauga Battlefield.
This monument is recorded in the National Park Service database as structure
This plaque is blue indicating it is for a Federal unit. This plaques were installed by the War Department in 1890.
This page originally submitted by Byron Hooks of Sandy Springs, GA, on May 19, 2017. This page has been viewed 50 time(s) since then. This page has been updated 0 time(s) since then.
BG Hooks was the editor who published this page on May 19, 2017.
Photos: 1, 2 were submitted on 05/19/2017 by Byron Hooks.