This monument is Not
visible from the road. It is located at
N 34° 55.551 W 85° 14.5409.
Parking is available on Brotherton Rd
N 34° 55.488 W 85° 14.484
To reach this monument:
This marker is not visible from the road. The marker is on the north side of Brotherton Road, near Winfrey Field, on a wooded path. From the 1st Ohio Infantry Regiment Monument follow the path until you find a trail leading too the right (north, parallel to Brotherton Road). Follow this path to the marker.
Other nearby monuments on the Battle of Chickamauga Battlefield.
This monument is recorded in the National Park Service database as structure
According to the National Park Service, the marker was created in 1894. It is construction out of granite and is a 1'6" x 1'6" x 3' high granite obelisk with a raised letter inscription. It marks the regiment's position on the Chickamauga Battlefield on September 19, 1863, from 10:00 to 11:30 am.
This page originally submitted by Byron Hooks of Sandy Springs, GA, on December 29, 2016. This page has been viewed 271 time(s) since then. This page has been updated 0 time(s) since then.
BG Hooks was the editor who published this page on December 29, 2016.
Photos: 1, 2 were submitted on 12/29/2016 by Byron Hooks.