LIEUTS. A. E. BARR AND C. E. BELNAP
On the morning of Sept. 20th, this detachment was the extreme right of Sheridan's Division, rallying from skirmish line about the Glenn House, separated from main command, surrounded by the enemy, they held this position more than one hour until relieved by Wilder's Brigade.
Julius O. Campbell, Private Co. H, right of the skirmish line was killed in the road south near the base of this hill.
This monument is
visible from the road. It is located at
N 34° 54.4333 W 85° 16.3418.
Parking is available on Vittetoe-Chickamauga Road
N 34° 54.4252 W 85° 16.3442
To reach this monument:
Parking is available at Wilder’s Tower on Vittetoe-Chickamauga Road. The plaque is south of the tower. Addition parking is available in a second lot off of Glenn-Viniard Road.
Other nearby monuments on the Battle of Chickamauga Battlefield.
This monument is recorded in the National Park Service database as structure
This monument was built in 1895. It is 4' x 1'6" x 10' high, the monument is a rock-faced vertical slab with a bronze inscription tablet and a bronze state seal.
This page originally submitted by Byron Hooks of Sandy Springs, GA, on August 15, 2014. This page has been viewed 88 time(s) since then. This page has been updated 0 time(s) since then.
BG Hooks was the editor who published this page on August 15, 2014.
Photos: 1, 2, 3 were submitted on 08/15/2014 by Byron Hooks.