This monument is Not
visible from the road. It is located at
N 34° 54.4158 W 85° 16.3344.
Parking is available on Vittetoe-Chickamauga Road
N 34° 54.4252 W 85° 16.3442
To reach this monument:
Parking is available at Wilder’s Tower on Vittetoe-Chickamauga Road. From there walk north to the monument. Addition parking is available in a second lot off of Glenn-Viniard Road.
Other nearby monuments on the Battle of Chickamauga Battlefield.
Other monuments to the 8th Wisconsin Artillery Company/Battery on the battlefield
This monument is recorded in the National Park Service database as structure
The monument was built in 1895. It has a 6' x 6' at the base and 15'8" high, This is a smooth-faced obelisk with four narrow rock-faced bands. From base, obelisk has raised lettering, crossed bronze cannons & wreath, state seal, and five-pointed star in relief.
This page originally submitted by Byron Hooks of Sandy Springs, GA, on August 15, 2014. This page has been viewed 149 time(s) since then. This page has been updated 0 time(s) since then.
BG Hooks was the editor who published this page on August 15, 2014.
Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 were submitted on 08/15/2014 by Byron Hooks.