This monument is
visible from the road. It is located at
N 34° 54.392 W 85° 16.3711.
Parking is available on Vittetoe-Chickamauga Road
N 34° 54.4252 W 85° 16.3442
To reach this monument:
Parking is available at Wilder’s Tower on Vittetoe-Chickamauga Road. From there walk south to the monument. Addition parking is available in a second lot off of Glenn-Viniard Road.
Other nearby monuments on the Battle of Chickamauga Battlefield.
This monument is recorded in the National Park Service database as structure
This monument was built in 1898. It is a standard Indiana regimental marker consists of a 4' x 4' x 4'8" high rock-faced oolitic stone block with a peaked top and a 12" x 18" bronze plaque affixed to its front. Marks regiment's position near Wilder Tower.
Commanded by Maj. William T. Jones
First Brigade - Col. John T. Wilder
Fourth Division. - Maj. Gen. Joseph J. Reynolds.
Fourteenth Army Corps. - Maj. Gen. George H. Thomas.
This page originally submitted by Byron Hooks of Sandy Springs, GA, on August 14, 2014. This page has been viewed 59 time(s) since then. This page has been updated 0 time(s) since then.
BG Hooks was the editor who published this page on August 14, 2014.
Photos: 1, 2 were submitted on 08/14/2014 by Byron Hooks.