July 22, 1864. Baker´s Alabama brigade (Col. J.H. Higley comdg.), Clayton´s div., Cheatham´s A.C., (CSA) was diverted N.E. in Clayton´s attack on the 15th A.C. eastward, thus forming the extreme left of the line extending S. to Glenwood Ave. Higley´s troops
faced the right sector of the 15th A.C. held by 2 brigades of Woods´ div. on the S. slope of Copenhill. A gap of 250 yds. in the swampy area of Clear Creek valley, separated Woods from the right of Morgan Smith´s div. where the DeGress battery was posted.
Woods´ flank attack on Manigault´s line at the Troup Hurt house not only retrieved the battery, but forced Baker´s brigade to withdraw.
||Georgia Historical Commission
This monument is
visible from the road. It is located at
N 33° 45.520 W 84° 21.492.
This page originally submitted by Byron Hooks of Sandy Springs, GA, on August 29, 2020. This page has been viewed 16 time(s) since then. This page has been updated 1 time(s) since then.
The page was last updated by Byron Hooks of Sandy Springs, GA, on August 29, 2020.
BG Hooks was the editor who published this page on August 29, 2020.
Photos: 1, 2, 3 were submitted on 08/29/2020 by Byron Hooks.