Stovall’s Brigade. Breckinridge’s Division, Hall’s Corps. Brig. Gen. Marcellus A. Stovall. Sept. 20, 1863, 10:30 A. M.
|1st, and 3rd, Florida, ||Col. Wm. S. Dilworth.
|4th Florida, ||Col. W. L. L. Bowen. |
|47th, Georgia, ||Capt. Wm. S. Phillips. |
|60th, North Carolina, ||Lieut. Col. James M. Ray. |
|Mebane’s Tenn. Battery, ||Capt.
John W. Mebane. |
This brigade being the center of Breckinridge’s Division, advanced from a line about 700 yards northeast of the Kelly field at 9:30 A.M. and reached this position about 10 o’clock, encountering and driving in two
lines of skirmishers. Here it changed direction to face south, and with its right on the Lafayette road, and Adams’ brigade in line with it west of the road, advanced into the Kelly field, passing the left flank of the union line and gaining its rear.
This monument is
visible from the road. It is located at
N 34° 56.2422 W 85° 15.549.
This monument is recorded in the National Park Service database as structure
The plaques on the Chickamauga Battlefield were installed by the War Department in 1890. This plaque is red indicating it is for a Confederate unit. Plaques are listed in the NPS List of Classified Structures as a batch input, Structure Number HS-Batch-3.
This page originally submitted by Byron Hooks of Sandy Springs, GA, on August 01, 2014. This page has been viewed 250 time(s) since then. This page has been updated 1 time(s) since then.
The page was last updated by Byron Hooks of Sandy Springs, GA, on August 16, 2017.
BG Hooks was the editor who published this page on August 01, 2014.
Photos: 1, 2, 3 were submitted on 08/01/2014 by Byron Hooks.