Lumsden’s Alabama Battery
3 Napoleons, 1 10 PDR. Parrott, 1 12 PDR. Howitzers.
Robertson’s Reserve Artillery.
September 20, 1863
| ||Capt. Charles L. Lumsden, Commanding. |
| ||1st Lieut. Harvey H. Cribbs. |
| ||2D Lieut. Ebenezer H. Hargrove. |
| ||Cadet J. P. Sykes. |
The battery was engaged on the 19th with the enemy, losing one gun with a broken trail but the gun was soon after retaken. On the 20th the battery came into position on this ground near 5 P.M. and opened fire on the enemy crossing the road near the Kelly House from the east to the west, continuing to fire till his line on the right was abandoned. Casualties: men killed 1; men wounded 1: 5 horses killed, 3 wounded.
This monument is
visible from the road. It is located at
N 34° 55.2786 W 85° 15.7206.
This monument is recorded in the National Park Service database as structure
This tablet is red indicating this was a Confederate unit.
This page originally submitted by Byron Hooks of Sandy Springs, GA, on August 01, 2014. This page has been viewed 290 time(s) since then. This page has been updated 0 time(s) since then.
BG Hooks was the editor who published this page on August 01, 2014.
Photos: 1, 2 were submitted on 08/01/2014 by Byron Hooks.