Walker's Reserve Corps.
Major General W.H.T. Walker.
September 19, 1863. 7 a.m.
||Major General W.H.T. Walker.
||Brigadier General St. John R. Liddel.
The Corps crossed the Chickamauga at Byram's Ford during the afternoon and night of the 18th, and bivouacked near Alexander's house. At daylight of the 19th, Liddell's Division moving forward toward Lee and Gordon's Mill, was halted at this point for further
orders. Ector's Brigade of Walker's Division was in rear of Liddell's line, and Wilson's Brigade was still farther in rear near Alexander house. At 9 a.m. Wilson was sent to the assistance of Forrest, who had been attacked in force near Jay's Mill. At 9:30
a.m. General Forrest ordered Ector's Brigade to that point. At 10:30 a.m. Liddell's Division was sent to the right to aid in resisting the rapidly developing attack of General Thomas' column.
This monument is
visible from the road. It is located at
N 34° 54.3398 W 85° 14.6391.
This monument is recorded in the National Park Service database as structure
The plaques on the Chickamauga Battlefield were installed by the War Department in 1890. This plaque is red indicating it is for a Confederate unit.
This page originally submitted by Byron Hooks of Sandy Springs, GA, on December 02, 2017. This page has been viewed 202 time(s) since then. This page has been updated 0 time(s) since then.
BG Hooks was the editor who published this page on December 02, 2017.
Photos: 1, 2, 3 were submitted on 12/02/2017 by Byron Hooks.