Huwald’s Tennessee Battery. 2 Mountain Howitzers, 2 2 ¼ in. Rifles. Davidson’s Brigade, Pegram’s Division, Forrest’s Corps. September 19, 1863.
| Capt. Gustave
A. Huwald Commanding. |
| 1st Lieut. D. Breck Ramsey. |
| 2d Lieut. William D. Martin. |
One section came into position on this ground about 7 A.M. and opened fire
on the rear of Gen. Dan. McCook’s
brigade, then retiring under orders toward
Rossville. Soon after this the battery was engaged against the advance
of Croxton’s Brigade till the infantry advanced on the left and drove the
enemy back. Casualties not given.
This monument is
visible from the road. It is located at
N 34° 55.7511 W 85° 13.7998.
This monument is recorded in the National Park Service database as structure
This plaque is at the edge of the woods.
This page originally submitted by Byron Hooks of Sandy Springs, GA, on October 24, 2014. This page has been viewed 276 time(s) since then. This page has been updated 1 time(s) since then.
The page was last updated by Byron Hooks of Sandy Springs, GA, on July 16, 2017.
BG Hooks was the editor who published this page on October 24, 2014.
Photos: 1, 2 were submitted on 10/24/2014 by Byron Hooks.