Fifth Independent Company, Captain Gresham M. Barber; enrolled and mustard it Camp Cleveland, Ohio, December 5, 1862.
Sixth Independent Company, Lieutenant James H. Reed; enrolled and mustard at Camp Cleveland, the Dec. 30, 1862.
Seventh Independent Company, Captain Watson C. Squire; enrolled and mustard it Camp Cleveland, January 27, 1863.
During September 19, 1863, these companies were together at Crawfish Springs and the Widow Glenn’s House.
On September 20 they were at the Widow Glenn’s, and on the Crawfish Springs road north of that point.
This monument is
visible from the road. It is located at
N 34° 54.4666 W 85° 16.3843.
This monument is recorded in the National Park Service database as structure
The monument was built in 1894. It is a 6' x 5' x 10' high, monument has battered base, pedestal with crossed rifles in relief. Shaft has raised-letter panel flanked by rock-faced sections topped by crenellated cornice and rock-faced pyramidal cap.
This monument has been moved twice. First in 1966, in advance of a highway project that never happened, the monument was moved 89 feet. Then in 2002, the monument was returned to its original location.
This page originally submitted by Byron Hooks of Sandy Springs, GA, on August 17, 2014. This page has been viewed 368 time(s) since then. This page has been updated 0 time(s) since then.
BG Hooks was the editor who published this page on August 17, 2014.
Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 were submitted on 08/17/2014 by Byron Hooks.