This monument is Not
visible from the road. It is located at
N 34° 54.4018 W 85° 16.3631.
This monument is recorded in the National Park Service database as structure
This monument was built in 1899. The monument is a 2'6" x 1'2" x 2'6" high rectangular slab of dark Quincy granite. Rock-faced sides; polished & inscribed front. "Illinois" is in large raised letters on beveled top. Marks unit's position at noon on 9/20/1863.
This page originally submitted by Byron Hooks of Sandy Springs, GA, on August 14, 2014. This page has been viewed 69 time(s) since then. This page has been updated 1 time(s) since then.
The page was last updated on May 14, 2017.
BG Hooks was the editor who published this page on August 14, 2014.
Photos: 1, 2 were submitted on 08/14/2014 by Byron Hooks.